MULTIMA SharePoint Spy
A unique extension of MS SharePoint.
Improve the performance of your corporate SharePoint based system.
Visualize user permissions from all SharePoint servers in one place.
Manage permissions, lists, libraries or documents - easily and on time.
For many organizations, SharePoint is a strategic storage of content - files, documents, lists and applications. The volume of content grows, user permissions change over time, administrators come and go. This can soon lead to chaos. Our solution called MULTIMA SharePoint Spy is a natural extension of the SharePoint application. It brings a true revolution in monitoring and management of user access - all in one place and often using only one action.
How does MULTIMA SharePoint Spy work?
- MULTIMA SharePoint Spy is primarily designed for SharePoint 365 online version and also for the VSP package for SharePoint On-Premises version.
MULTIMA SharePoint Spy is a tool for managing and “cleansing” access.
- Via a tree view, it directly displays what are the currently assigned permissions, where the inheritance of permissions is interrupted, and other required information.
- When a user leaves the company or in other occasions of replacement of users, the change can be implemented at all places of the system at the same time.
- It can quickly verify unique permissions and control permissions recursively.
MULTIMA SharePoint Spy performs monitoring and auditing of websites and activities of their users.
- It always goes through the entire tree structure and identifies the status of access permissions of the respective user (which SharePoint cannot perform recursively itself).
- It monitors the activity of the user via a single interface, which displays all important events in the corporate information environment.
- All summaries are available in the form of easy-to read tables - these summaries can be easily exported to MS Excel.
- In MS Excel, the results can be compared with the current status as well as the development of permissions over time.
What can MULTIMA SharePoint Spy do?
- It can make ensure that all users have the correct required access to relevant folders, documents, web pages, etc.
- It shows quickly which pages, lists and items have unique privileges.
- It enables an easy export of all summaries to MS Excel.
- It allows you to remove revoked or replace outdated user access permissions from all pages in a single action.
A case study
In the Czech market, this product has been deployed by 3 major foreign insurance companies (from among the 8 largest ones in the Czech market by the number of insured clients). On average, SharePoint Spy saves you about half the workload of a corporate IT administrator, which results in a monthly financial benefit of 30 to 50 thousand Czech korunas. It is also worth mentioning that the product is the only one of its kind in the Czech market. Compared to foreign competition, it is cheaper by about 30%. SharePoint Spy has also won great support from the Czech branch of Microsoft, which has contributed to its development and testing.